Martin Marietta Magnesia Specialties provides high purity magnesium hydroxide powder for use as a flame retardant and smoke suppressant.
MagShield® is a non-halogenated, high purity magnesium hydroxide powder for use as a flame retardant and smoke suppressant in plastic compounds for thermoplastic polyolefins, plastic building materials, select wire and cable applications, and plastic fillers and coatings.
Technical Data Sheets
Compounding Metal Hydrate Flame Retardants
- TPO roofing
- EPDM applications
- Wire and cable
- Synthetic roofing shingles
- Plastic pallets
- Master batches requiring flame retardants
- Excellent flame retardancy and smoke suppression properties
- Cost effective replacement for Alumina Trihydrate (ATH)
- Thermally stable to 340 C, suitable for engineering plastics
- Lower hardness than ATH resulting in longer equipment life
- Low toxicity [LD50 (oral/rat) > 5,000 Mg/Kg]
- Non-corrosive as compared to halogen or phosphorous-containing compounds
For more information regarding your application or to place an order, please call 800-648-7400 (inside the U.S.) or +1-410-780-5500. Or, Contact Us with your questions.