Martin Marietta Magnesia Specialties provides high purity magnesium hydroxide powder for use as a flame retardant and smoke suppressant.
MagShield® is a non-halogenated, high purity magnesium hydroxide powder for use as a flame retardant and smoke suppressant in plastic compounds for thermoplastic polyolefins, plastic building materials, select wire and cable applications, and plastic fillers and coatings.
- TPO roofing
- EPDM applications
- Wire and cable
- Synthetic roofing shingles
- Plastic pallets
- Master batches requiring flame retardants
- Excellent flame retardancy and smoke suppression properties
- Cost effective replacement for Alumina Trihydrate (ATH)
- Thermally stable to 340 C, suitable for engineering plastics
- Lower hardness than ATH resulting in longer equipment life
- Low toxicity [LD50 (oral/rat) > 5,000 Mg/Kg]
- Non-corrosive as compared to halogen or phosphorous-containing compounds